Payoneer is a financial services company founded in 2003. It offers money transfer and digital payment services to its millions of customers around the world.
It is available in almost all countries in the world and is therefore a good alternative to PayPal for people living in countries, where PayPal is not available or is not fully functional.
Benefits of Opening a Payoneer Account in Nigeria
- You can open a Payoneer account in Nigeria for free
- You can set up virtual bank accounts to receive payments from American and European companies.
- You can apply for a debit card for online payments and for cash withdrawals at ATMs can use.
- You do not have to change your IP address or VPN use to the Payoneer site in Nigeria access.
- You do not need to use fake information to a Payoneer account in Nigeria to get.
- Payoneer is safe and trustworthy in over 150 countries.
- You can use the Payoneer account to make payments of freelance marketplaces such as fiverr, Upwork to other sites and get that Payoneer as a payment method accepted.
- Payoneer will provide you with two main bank accounts once your registration with them is activated. You will receive the UK Bank and the USA Bank together from them.
What Do I Need To Open A Payoneer Account?
The information required is not too many. It is a straightforward process, with the following information or details needed to complete it:
- An email account.
- Address (zip code and home address) – Make sure you are using the correct zip code. Your Payoneer card will be sent there.
- Local bank account – Your local bank account information will be requested.
- Means of identification – identity card, voter ID card, driver’s license, international passport. If you have a provisional ID card, you can also use it, as far as it contains your national identification number
How Do I Open a Payoneer Account?
- Go to payoneer.com
- Click on “Register” on the homepage.
- You will be taken to a registration page; fill in the information honestly as it appears on the government issued ID you wish to use.
- You will be asked to enter your identification number and your NIN to fill in the position (The government-issued card or national ID card you wish to use must be correct and match the name and address you provided to the Payoneer Will be available.
- Enter your correct date of birth as it appears on the government document
If you are asked for the ZIP CODE or POSTAL CODE, you can get it this way:
Go to google.com and search for this “zip code of your city”, I mean something like “Lagos Nigeria Zip Code”. You will see your zip code under the search results. Note that the zip code is a 6-digit number that indicates where your location is in the world.
- After you have entered correct and honest information on the registration page, click on “SUBMIT” and you will be taken to a new page informing you that your account is being verified.
This means that they will check your account whether the data you have entered is correct or not. Finally, you will receive an answer as to whether your account has been approved or not.
If you have registered with the correct information on your ID card or a government-issued ID card, you will be admitted, but if not, you have done something wrong.
What comes next after approval? You have to link your bank account!
How Can You Connect Your Local Bank to A Payoneer Account in Nigeria?
- Go to payoneer.com and log in with the email and password you used to create your verified Payoneer account.
- Click on “SETTINGS” in your dashboard, which is in the header. A menu will appear, but click “ACCOUNT BANKS”. (make sure you either use a PC or use the “desktop view” on phones)
- You will see “Add bank account” and an icon like a small house, click on it and you will be asked to enter your details.
Now, we will talk about how to link your bank account in Nigeria in 3 easy steps to your Payoneer account:
Part A — Add bank details
- Select either the ‘Personal’ or ‘Business’ account type.
- Choose your country – Payoneer will automatically choose Nigeria for you
- The default bank account currency for Nigeria on Payoneer is currently “USD”.
- Click on “Continue”.
Part B — Enter account details
- First enter your bank name, such as Guaranty Trust Bank and the likes.
- Enter your real name as it is used in the bank
- Your account number follows
- Enter your bank’s SWIFT CODE or BIC — you can search online to find out your Bank Swift code in Nigeria
Part C — Confirmation of the payer’s account details
- Check and ensure that all information is correct
- If it is correct, finally click on “SUBMIT”.
Congratulations, you have successfully added your Nigeria’s bank details to your Payoneer account. Now you can your withdraw earnings from Payoneer without any problems to your bank account in Nigeria.
Having a Payoneer account makes it easy for you to receive money from international clients right here in Nigeria.
Once you become a Payoneer account holder, you will be able to open a virtual USA bank account in Nigeria for receiving payments and you can also apply for Payoneer Mastercard in Nigeria for online payments.