ES File Explorer is a great tool for managing files and programs. it allows any Android user to easily manage all of their files, being able to access anything on their mobile device and then share it,
You can also access the content on your computer via a WiFi network, access the contents of documents in many different file types, and decompress ZIP or RAR files, which is the main purpose for this article.
We will walk you through decompressing ZIP or RAR files with ES File Explorer.
Other exciting features of ES File Explorer includes:
- Access your Computer from Android over WiFi
- Browsing android files from your PC
- Quickly Uninstall multiple apps
- Hiding media from gallery
- Extract apk from your install apps
- Quickly Transfer big files between two Android
- Remove pre-installed system apps [ROOT]
- Installing Any App As System App [ROOT]
- Deleting pattern lock on android [ROOT]
- Increase your flappy bird score [ROOT]
- Create an encrypted files with password protection
- Edit host files on Android [root]
- Save files directly to your Dropbox & Google Drive
- Use ES file explorer as browser
- Mount Pen drive on Android using ES file manager [root]
- Extract the content of any Android App
How to decompress ZIP or RAR files with ES File Explorer
- Open ES File Explorer
- Go to where your zip file is save
- Click and Hold (Long press on) your zip file
- Click the ‘More‘ option at the bottom right corner
Select ‘Extract to‘ in the pop-up options
- Now you have 3 options to choose from
- JJ/: the explorer will create a new folder with your file as it name and it will be extracted into it
- Current Path: This will extract your files into the same folder where the ZIP file is saved
- Choose Path: You will choose a specific location where you want your files to be extracted into.
You files will be extract into a location on your device, based on the option you selected.
Now we have successfully decompress a ZIP file. This same process applies for RAR file.
Thanks for reading this article, of you have any issue with any part of the tutorial, kindly let us know via the comment box.