What is an OPay App?
OPay is on a mission to provide a one-stop platform for its users, offering them robust security as they make payments for goods and services. A significant part of the company’s business model is focused on agency business operation, capturing the large market in the informal sector and the financially excluded population by offering several options users can pay for using their app.
It is all about making life easier and getting value for your money, providing you with comfort with only a few clicks required to order a cheap ride, payment of bills, food ordering, and lots more.
OPay has a direct link with PayCom Nigeria Limited, a mobile money platform launched by Telnet Nigeria Limited. Opera came into the picture in 2017 with the motive to acquire PayCom, and an agreement was reached in 2018, bringing to life the mobile App christened “OPay”, which was culled from Opera and Pay.
The app has been making waves in the Nigerian startup space and gaining more popularity in July 2019 after the company introduced a NGN100 promo on its bike- hailing service.
It also offers an improved user experience through its simple and easy-to-navigate user interface. With OPay, you do not need numerous apps to meet your day-to-day needs, it is all integrated into this one super application.
OPay for Android and iOS
You can download the Opay app from the Google PlayStore for Android here and for iPhone users, you can download OPay from the Apple Store.
OPay Uses and Features
OPay is currently serving the transportation industry, food delivery, and mobile money.
- Oride (Motorbike hailing): offers fast transportation and allow you to make payment instantly from your OPay wallet. You also get the chance to earn coupons when you refer a friend to use the platform and with this, you can enjoy a free ride. Additionally, there is OTrike for three-wheel transportation already in operation in Kano and Aba. Also available in the transportation sector is OBus which provide safe and affordable public transportation services with bus
- OKash and OWealth: With OKash, you can have easy access to quick loans anytime, anywhere. You can access the minimum of NGN2,500 and NGN60,000 at max with a payment period of 91 days to 365 days and 24% per annum origination fee. OWealth is an investment platform on OPay App that offers you investment options and allows you to invest a minimum of NGN500 and get a return on your investment.
- Mobile Transfer: Send and receive money to and from any bank in Nigeria for free, from your contact book or by typing the recipient phone number.
- OFood: you can place a quick order for a delicious meal from your favorite restaurant using the OPay app and it will be delivered to your doorstep. OPay has over 200 registered restaurants.
- Airtime, Data & other bills: you can pay for your prepaid electricity bill with no extra charges, buy airtime and data for self and for the family for all networks in Nigeria. Also, you can pay a subscription for your cable TV, fund your Bet9ja and SupaBet wallet with OPay with no additional fee.
- OPay QR: This allows you to make and receive payment by scanning the OPay QR code.
- Wallet Funding: You can fund your wallet from your bank app or link your Mastercard or Visa cards to your OPay wallet.
- Cash payment and withdrawals: Unbanked users can easily locate agents around them for their cash transactions.
How to become an OPay Agent and OPay customer care Service
Becoming an OPay agent is quite easy.
This enables you to earn commissions on transactions when you help other OPay users in your neighbourhood pay their bills and get OPay POS for customer services at your location.
Click here to sign up or contact OPay on WhatsApp: 2349066722924 or email: email@example.com