Xiaomi has finally announce the Redmi 9 in Spain, making it the latest Smartphone of the company. The Android phone is powered by the MediaTek Helio G80 SoC and packs large 5,020mAh battery.
Similar to Redmi Note 8, the new Redmi 9 packs a quad camera setup at the back with three image sensors sitting in one vertical line at the top centre and one image sensor sits on the side with an LED flash.
It doesn’t forget to appear with waterdrop-style notch that house the selfie camera. Redmi 9 however, featured a rear fingerprint sensor placed below the back camera sensors.
- Display: 6.53-inch (1080×2340)
- Processor: MediaTek Helio G80
- Front Camera: 8MP
- Rear Camera: 13MP + 8MP + 5MP + 2MP
- RAM: 3/ 4GB
- Storage: 32/ 64GB
- Battery Capacity: 5020mAh
- OS: Android 10
- Release Date: 10th June 2020
Design & Display
The dual-SIM (Nano) Redmi 9 features a 6.53-inch full-HD+ (1,080×2,340 pixels) display with waterdrop-style notch, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 394ppi pixel density, and 400nits brightness. It also has a Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection.
Software & Hardware
Redmi 9 is powered by the 2GHz MediaTek Helio G80 octa-core processor, paired with Mali-G52 GPU, and up to 4GB of RAM. Internal storage on the phone is up to 64GB, and it is expandable using the dedicated microSD card slot.
Furthermore, the phone is equipped with a large 5,020mAh battery that supports 18W Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging. The company ships a 10W charger inside the box.
Redmi 9 Camera
On the Optics, the Smartphone has a quad camera setup at the back with a 13-megapixel main camera with f/2.2 aperture, an 8-megapixel ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture and 118 degree field of view. There is also a 5-megapixel macro shooter with f/2.4 aperture and a 2-megapixel depth sensor.
Rear camera features include Kaleidoscope, ultra-wide-angle mode, macro mode, portrait mode, and supports 1080p at 30fps. Up front, the phone is listed to offer an .
For Selfie and video calls, the phone has 8-megapixel selfie camera with f/2.0 aperture and 77.8 degree field of view. Available features on the camera include palm shutter, portrait mode, HDR, screen flash, self-timer, and more.
Sensor & Connectivity
Sensors available on the Redmi 9 include AI Face Unlock, a rear fingerprint sensor, vibration motor, distance sensor, ambient light sensor, accelerometer, and electronic compass. Connectivity options are 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth v5, Wi-Fi Direct, FM Radio, NFC, GPS, AGPS, 3.5mm audio jack, USB Type-C port, and infrared sensor.
Xiaomi Redmi 9 Specifications
- Brand: Xiaomi
- Model: Redmi 9
- Release date: 10th June 2020
- Form factor: Touchscreen
- Dimensions (mm): 163.32 x 77.01 x 9.01
- Weight (g): 198.00
- Battery capacity (mAh): 5020
- Removable battery: No
- Fast charging: Quick Charge 3.0
- Colours: Carbon Gray, Sunset Purple, Ocean Green
- Screen size (inches): 6.53
- Touchscreen: Yes
- Resolution: 1080×2340 pixels
- Protection type: Gorilla Glass
- Aspect ratio: 19.5:9
- Pixels per inch (PPI): 394
- Processor: 2GHz octa-core
- Processor make: MediaTek Helio G80
- RAM: 3/ 4GB
- Internal storage: 32/ 64GB
- Expandable storage: Yes
- Expandable storage type: microSD
- Dedicated microSD slot: Yes
- Rear camera: 13-megapixel (f/2.2) + 8-megapixel (f/2.2) + 5-megapixel (f/2.4) + 2-megapixel
- Front camera: 8-megapixel (f/2.0)
- Operating system: Android 10
- Skin: MIUI
- Wi-Fi: Yes
- Wi-Fi standards supported: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- GPS: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, v 5.00
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared: Yes
- USB Type-C: Yes
- Headphones: 3.5mm
- FM: Yes
- Number of SIMs: 2
- Wi-Fi Direct: Yes
- Active 4G on both SIM cards: Yes
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- GSM/CDMA: GSM
- 3G: Yes
- 4G/ LTE: Yes
- Face unlock: Yes
- Fingerprint sensor: Yes
- Compass/ Magnetometer: Yes
- Proximity sensor: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Ambient light sensor: Yes
Redmi 9 Price & Availability
The Redmi 9 3GB + 32GB option is priced at EUR 149 (roughly N66,000), while the 4GB + 64GB storage option is priced at EUR 179 (roughly N79,000).
Pre-orders for the Redmi phone will begin on June 15, and during the pre-orders phase, the phone will be made available at an introductory price of EUR 139 (roughly N61,500) and EUR 169 (roughly N74,500) for 3GB RAM and 4GB RAM variant, respectively.
The phone will go on sale in Spain on June 18 via online and offline retailers. This includes Mi.com, Mi stores, Amazon, Carrefour, Worten, Alcampo, Phone House, and others.